What Nuts Can You Eat on the Keto Diet is a question that occurs in most of our minds when figuring out ketogenic diets.
But, are should you take nuts on the keto diet during summers as they have a hot essence. If yes, what are some healthy options you can use in this regard, and which seeds or nuts should you avoid?
This guide will answer literally anything occurring in your mind regarding your low-carb diet plan.
So without any delay, let’s read about the top 15 best nuts to eat on keto diet to keep you filled and energetic throughout the day.
What Nuts Can You Eat On The Keto Diet?
It is a good thing to learn about the nutrients and essence of the nuts before adding them to your meal. Along with this, you will also have to decide the number of healthy keto nuts you are going to consume per day or on a per meal basis.
So here you go with things you should know about the best low-carb keto nuts to add to your meals and diet plans.
1. Baruka Nuts
Many times people in English countries get confused regarding are Baru nuts are the same as Baruka nuts; well, the answer is yes.
Baruka nuts are the same as Baru nuts and are also known as Brazilian nuts in English countries as their tree is grown in South America.
It contains carbs and is low in calories.
- Baru Nuts Nutrition:
Talking about the Baru nuts nutrition facts, you find proteins, good fats, needed calories, fiber, and carbs in excessive amounts, iron, zinc, potassium, iron, and needed antioxidants.
The fact makes it one of the best keto-friendly dry fruits.
- Baruka or Baru Nuts Benefits:
Selenium is a unique mineral found in the human body. When following keto diet, a deficiency can of this mineral occur, so adding Baruka to the keto nuts list will provide more than 100% selenium your body needs.
- Baruka Nuts Side Effects:
- Baru nuts are not readily available
- Excessive amounts can cause bloating
- How many Baruka Nuts can you eat on Keto?
Due to being an excellent Selenium source, it is recommended to add only one nut in your meal at one time to have a perfect ketosis meal.
You can also try Baruka nut butter if you don’t find Baru nuts whole food.
- Where to Buy Baruka Nuts?
From trusted online stores like Amazon, you can easily buy Baru nuts and Baruka nut butter.
The second dry fruit in our keto nuts list is almond. People have almonds on Keto diet in many ways like salted, smoked, or roasted.
Not just almonds but almond butter, flour, or milk are versatile keto diet staples.
But are almonds keto-friendly? Yes, very!
- Almonds Nutrition Facts:
- Great source of protein, carbs, healthy fats, and fiber,
- Rich in vitamin E, magnesium, copper, and antioxidants
- Decrease the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s, or heart diseases
- Almond Benefits for Keto Followers:
- A diverse keto-friendly snack
- Easily available
- Can be eaten raw or cooked and prepared in many ways
- Doesn’t make your diet plan tastes like a diet plan.
- Almond Side Effects During Keto:
Adding an excessive amount of almonds to your weight loss meal might cause:
- Stomach cramps
- How Many Almonds Can I Eat On Keto?
Depending upon the taste of a person and requirements, however, in general, 23 nuts are safe to enjoy, the nuts you can eat on the keto diet.
- Where to buy the best almonds for keto?
Almonds are easily available in the local and online markets. However, make sure to confirm the area where the said low-carb almonds were grown. Such as, Marcona almonds are keto-friendly.
Are peanuts keto-friendly? Yes! Here are some more facts before adding peanuts to your diet plan so that you never measure the wrong quantity and suffer your stomach.
So here is what you need to know can you eat peanuts on keto or not.
“Peanuts are not nuts or seeds but legumes which are one of the most approved and recommended ingredients added in the weight loss plans like keto diets.”
- Peanuts Facts:
- For all vegetarians, peanuts non-veg protein source.
- Perfect Keto-friendly dry fruits you can enjoy during the winters
- Can be eaten in diverse ways (spreads, sprinkled, fried, or even in Keto drinks)
- Benefits of Peanuts for Keto Followers:
- Can be enjoyed as an easy snack
- Can be added to keto drinks and protein shakes
- To add taste to the keto recipes as satay sauce
- Promotes muscle growth
- Peanuts Side Effects during Keto:
- Can cause cough
- Runny nose
- Throat infections
- Wheezing breaths
- How Many Peanuts Can I Eat On Keto?
You can use sugar-free peanut butter as a bread spread, sprinkle unsalted fried peanuts on salads, or simply eat them as snacks.
A decent amount of peanuts won’t torpedo your ketosis. 33 peanuts can be added to the per-day meals to meet the six grams of carbs requirement.
- Where to buy the best Peanuts for keto?
Your nearest grocery store, general stores, or dry fruit shops can help you get peanuts. You can also buy peanuts from trusted online stores, but brand-checking is recommended before purchase.
Are pistachios keto-friendly? Yes! Pistachios are keto-friendly nuts. These are rich in fiber and known as anti-inflammatory and antioxidants among people who know their benefits.
You can pistachios guilt-free snacks for anyone, especially those looking to lose weight.
- Pistachio Facts:
- It comes with no cholesterol
- Contains all good fats
- High carb content
- High-calorie content
- Benefits of Pistachio for Keto Followers:
- Removes body toxins
- Adds taste to salads and other keto recipes
- Can be eaten raw or fried,
- Comes with natural salt
- Pistachio Side Effects during Keto:
Consuming more than recommended quantity will result in:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Stomach cramps
- Pain in the abdomen
- How Many Pistachio per day on keto?
1 Oz or 49 pistachios is the quantity recommended for people who follow a strict keto plan to lose weight, stay young, and remain fit.
- Where to buy the Best Pistachio for Keto?
Pistachios can be bought from any store near you during winters; however, you might have to depend on packed pistachios available online in the summers.
What nuts can you eat on the keto diet? Walnuts!
Walnuts are good for ketosis as well heart health. Crushed walnuts sprinkled on the dishes taste much better than eating them only as a snack.
- Walnuts Facts:
- Low in bad cholesterol, making perfect keto diets for people above 30.
- Walnuts make satisfying keto-friendly snack recipe
- Benefits of Walnuts for Keto Followers:
- Improves heart health
- Reduces BP
- Tastes awesome
- Walnuts Side Effects during Keto:
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Digestive problems
- Allergies in some people
- Choking in children
- How many nuts a day can you eat on keto?
A little less than ¼ cup of walnuts is a recommended quantity for keto lovers. These can be crushed and sprinkled over meals to get the most out of them.
- Where to buy the best Walnuts for keto?
You can buy canned walnuts or shelled walnuts from any store or shop online or near you based on your convenience.
6. Macadamia Nuts
What nuts can you eat on the keto diet? Macadamia nuts are one of them, and you can find them in almost all keto recipes. Low in carbs and high in fats, macadamia nuts make perfect ingredients for keto recipes.
- Macadamia Nuts Facts:
- Accessible source of the healthy monounsaturated fats
- Provides energy for workout
- Lower carb and higher fat
- Benefits of Macadamia Nuts for Keto Followers:
- Help losing weight
- Helps to do a workout
- Offers healthy fat to the body
- Macadamia Nuts Side Effects during Keto:
- Roasting can lower its nutrients
- Main contain extra oil, salt, or sugar
- How Many Macadamia Nuts a day can you eat on Keto?
10-12 macadamia nuts are the recommended quantity for keto-friendly diets.
- Where to buy the best Macadamia Nuts for Keto?
Online and offline, all stores sell macadamia nuts in different-sized packings.
Low Carb Nuts and Seeds for Keto
There are not just nuts recommended for keto diets, but seeds make the excellent vegan option of ingredients for weight loss recipes
Check below some best nuts and seeds for keto:
7. Sesame Seed
Low in carbs and high in good fats, sesame seeds are nuts you can eat during keto dieting.
Do sesame seeds have carbs? Not in massive amounts, but sesame seeds do contain carbs making it an ideal choice for Keto friendly nuts and seeds list.
- Sesame Seed Facts:
- Contain lignin, an anti-inflammatory ingredient
- Rich in nutrients
- Good source of good fats, proteins, and carbs
- Benefits of Sesame Seed for Keto Followers:
- Tasty tahini spread is made of sesame seeds to enjoy keto crackers and bread
- Sprinkled over salads and meals for taste
- Treats chronic inflammation
- Sesame Seed Side Effects during Keto:
More than the required amount can cause
- Drop-in blood sugar level
- Low blood pressure
- Appendix pain
- How Many Sesame Seeds Can I Eat On Keto?
You can eat one full tablespoon of sesame seeds (roasted or raw) when following diet plans.
- Where to buy the best Sesame seeds for keto?
Once again, sesame seeds are readily available; however, do not forget to check the authority of the brand and the provider before buying them.
You can go with sesame oil when frying stuff to keep your meal keto-friendly. Sesame bread, crackers, and bagels are also alternative options for the keto diet.
8. Pumpkin Seeds
Are pepitas keto-friendly? Pumpkin seeds are known as pepitas in North America, and they are incredibly healthy options for people looking for weight-loss keto recipes.
With just 4 grams of net carbs, pumpkin seeds make the perfect ketogenic snack thanks to their high content of protein, fiber, and good fats.
- Pumpkin Seeds Facts:
- 4 grams of net carbs
- high in protein, healthy fats, and fiber, and have a meager carb count
- Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds for Keto Followers:
- Low carb content
- Potent nutrients
- Great for weight loss
- Pumpkin Seeds Side Effects during Keto:
- High in calories and fats
- How Many Pumpkin Seeds Can I Eat on Keto?
Due to its low carb content, adding a few ounces of pumpkin seeds per serving meal won’t harm your plan. Pumpkin seeds are deficient in carbs.
- Where to buy the best Pumpkin seeds for keto?
Pumpkin seeds are readily available in online stores and groceries near you.
9. Sunflower Seeds
Another recommendation we are adding in what nuts can you eat on the keto diet is sunflower seeds.
Excellent high-fat snacks, sunflower seeds are most recommended when it comes to keto diet plans. It also has carbs, fiber, and other vita-nutrients.
- Sunflower Seeds Facts:
- Higher fat content
- Rich in vitamin E, flavonoids, and phenolic acids
- Can be eaten in diversified ways
- Benefits of Sunflower Seeds for Keto Followers:
- Make a great salad topping
- Sunflower Seeds Side Effects during Keto:
- Only unsalted varieties are recommended to eat
- Overuse might end up in bloating
- Sunflower oil is expensive
- How Many Sunflower Seeds can you eat on Keto?
Sunflower seeds equivalent to 1500 calories per day are recommended to eat when you are following proper keto plans.
- Where to buy the Best Sunflower Seeds for Keto?
Sunflower seeds, sunflower oil, and sunflower snacks are available everywhere but it is better to buy them from a store where you find different brands to get a reasonable price.
10. Hemp Seed Hearts
In the plant-based keto-friendly nuts and seeds list, hemp seeds come at one of the top positions. Hemp seeds are extracted from the Cannabis plant.
- Hemp Seeds Hearts Facts:
- Excellent source of plant-based protein and healthy fats
- It has low carbs content and high protein content
- legal to use and sell in many parts of America
“Do you know? Are Hemp Seeds also used in keto diet pills? When and how to use such keto pills, read here.”
- Benefits of Hemp seeds for Keto Followers:
- Help reduce blood pressure
- Protect from Alzheimer’s
- Best fight neurodegenerative diseases
- Makes perfect protein shakes
- Hemp Seeds Side Effects during Keto:
- Digestive discomfort like bloating
- How Much Hemp Seeds should you eat a day?
Too hemp seeds will bring problems instead of benefits; therefore, 1 to 2 tablespoons are recommended to eat for one whole day to keep up with your keto diet plan.
- Where to buy the best Sunflower Seeds for Keto?
Some American states provide legal sale and purchase of hemp seeds due to their utmost benefits. However, if you live in another state, getting your hands on hemp seeds might be a little tricky.
11. Chia Seeds
Not only keto, but all weight loss plans recommend Chia seeds to add to one meal per day. Having essential fats and low carbs makes chia seeds perfect nuts and seeds for keto.
Hemp seeds are extracted from the Cannabis plant.
- Chia Seeds Facts:
- Consists of omega-3 fats
- Low carb content
- Excellent amount of fiber
- Benefits of Chia Seeds for Keto Followers:
- Powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- Great for weight loss
- A great addition to smoothies, juices, and protein shakes
- Makes tasty Chia pudding
- Chia Seeds Side Effects during Keto:
When consumed in a prominent quantity, people can experience
- High blood pressure
And in worst cases
- How many chia seeds per day on keto?
One or two ounces a day is the healthy quantity recommended to consume when it comes to using chia seeds for weight loss.
- Where to buy the best Chia seeds for keto?
Chia seeds are easily available everywhere in good quality. You can buy them online from the comfort of your bedroom.
Flaxseeds aren’t just what seeds can you eat on the keto diet but also something recommended to people suffering from high blood pressure issues to maintain and control the pressure.
Flax seeds are excellent supplements for keto diets.
- Flaxseeds Facts:
- Full of fiber and omega-3 fats
- Can be used in diversified ways
- Great for overall health
- Benefits of Flaxseeds for Keto Followers:
- Controls BP
- Add in almost all keto recipes
- Helps to make smoothies, shakes, baked keto dishes, and much more
- Flaxseeds Side Effects during Keto:
Consuming more than recommended quantity might result in:
- Cause stomachache
- How Many Flaxseeds per day on Keto?
One or two ounces a day makes the perfect quantity for keto dieters looking forward to losing weight by controlling their calories and carb count.
- Where to buy the best Flaxseed for Keto?
Online stores are excellent places to buy flaxseed for the keto diet and are used in keto recipes.
Keto Nuts to Avoid
Not all nuts are worth eating. Some should be avoided. What are those? Check below:
13. Chironji Nuts
Chironji or Chiroli nuts are usually used as a substitute for almonds when following the Keto diet because it has almost the same nutrients, however, with more side effects.
“Chironji nuts can be used to substitute almonds just to give your taste buds something different than routine things.”
- Chironji Nuts Facts:
Chironji nuts contain 59 % fats, making them a no-no for the keto diet; however, necessary carbs, vitamins, minerals, lipids, and fatty acids are also found in Chironji seeds.
- Benefits of Chironji Nuts for Keto Followers:
- Treats impudence
- Provides strength for physical workout
- Keeps you filled for a long time
- Chironji Nuts Side effects during Keto:
- Hard to digest
- 59% fat content
- How Many Chironji Nuts Can I Eat On Keto?
Make sure to consume less amount of Chironji seeds in combination with black pepper, ginger, and long pepper to avoid side effects.
- Where to buy the best Chironji Nuts for Keto?
Chironji seeds can be bought from Indian stores near you or from online stores.
What nuts can you eat on the keto diet, chestnuts aren’t among them. They are not keto-friendly because of their high carb content, and that is the reason we have added them to the list of Keto nuts to avoid.
- Chestnut Facts:
- Highest carb content
- Cannot be eaten even in smaller quantities when following a keto diet.
- Benefits of Chestnut for Keto Followers:
- Contain reasonable amounts of Vitamin B6, Potassium, Copper
- Chestnut Side effects during Keto:
- Highest carb content
- Weight Gain
- How Many Chestnuts Can I Eat On Keto?
Even a single serving will kick you out of your ketosis; hence eating chestnuts or cashews isn’t recommended for the keto diet.
- Where to buy the best Chestnuts for keto?
If you are not following a proper keto diet plan you can get chestnuts from online stores.
15. Cashew Nuts
Cashew nuts also come in high carb content and should be avoided during a keto diet. Carbs are what need to be cut down during the keto diet, and good fats are required for consumption.
However, cashew nuts contain some quantity of good fats, but still, the high carbohydrates in these nuts make them Keto nuts to avoid.
Now you know what nuts can you eat on a diet but make sure to keep up with the proper quantity because a little wrong move can make you away from following your keto diet for many days due to an upset stomach.